Flow State And Why We Need It
What is Flow State?
“Flow state” or as I like to call it “Goddess mode” is a mental state in which a person is completely absorbed by a single task or activity.
You’ll often hear people call it as being “In the zone.”
You can think of Flow State as having similarities with mindfulness. Both of them need us to focus on the present — to be in the moment. You can also look at Flow state as being productive (which is obviously beneficial to us and our businesses). Because when you’re in that flow, you get more done than when you’re not.
You’ll know you’re in a Flow state when the rest of the world disappears and all you see is what you’re doing and nothing else.
How To Enter A Flow State
Sometimes we enter flow state without realizing, but I want to share a few tips that may help us get into it much easier.
It’s important to realize that entering flow state is not as easy as flipping a switch. We can only set the right circumstances/mood to help encourage our flow state.
Think about all the moments you were in a flow state. Consider where you were, what your mental state was and the tasks you were doing.
Identifying these things can hep you enter goddess mode.
For example, you might notice that you work better when you have rock music in the background. Or you work better when you’re outdoors and away from everyone. You can use that knowledge to help enter your flow state that much easier.
If you can’t remember what you did to be “in the zone” I have some strategies that may help you get there:
1) Work on a task long enough: sometimes it take more than 10 – 15 minutes to enter flow state. Don’t be discouraged ladies, we all work differently.
2) Reduce interruptions: It’s like rule 101 in productivity right? Try going to a private space before working on your next project. Interruptions affect our flow.
3) Practice mindfulness: by paying attention to our mental health we clear our thoughts. This makes working so much easier because instead of being distracted mentally, we will have our thoughts centered.
4) Make adjustments to tasks: If you always do tasks the exact same way, you may need to try different methods (without risking your business). It’s important to do this because it helps stop everything we do from being dull and uninspired.
Explore new options, new possibilities and new ways of doing things.
That’s often the thing about Flow State right? You don’t know you’re in it until you’re done working on what you’re working on.
What are the benefits of Flow State?
Apart from being happier when working, there are many other benefits to entering Flow State:
- You perform better, which means better results.
- You don’t judge yourself harshly/unnecessarily.
- You become highly motivated (especially useful in a team).
- Your work stamina increases.
- Your skill will continue to grow as you find new ways of doings things.
Flow State gives good vibes. It’s in many ways a positive experience, and I’m not the only one who wants that right? Entering Flow state means you’re finding pleasure in the moment by doing something you are passionate about.
There’s no way we can conquer the day without conquering ourselves first. Let’s find that inner joy and put it into our work.
I already know we’re amazing at what we do ladies; all that’s left is everyone else in the world seeing the same thing.
No obstacle is too large and nothing is stopping us.
P.S. Follow me on Instagram for daily inspiration, or if you’d just like to say “hi” 🌸